It is officially Fall, and that means all things cozy! Oversized sweaters, cute boots, fluffy blankets, hot tea/coffee/cider, fuzzy socks, and warm comfort foods. Am I making you glad it’s Fall yet?! Haha! Crockpot taco soup is the perfect addition to the list!
One of the things I frequently struggle with is coming up with new meals that are not only delicious, but easy as well.
We love this crockpot taco soup recipe and eat it year round, but we’ve found ourselves craving it even more often than usual this fall.
Because of how simple it is to throw together and leave to cook all day, we like to have crockpot taco soup prepared and ready for us when we get back from hiking or adventuring.
I can’t tell you how nice it is to not have to worry about cooking a meal when I’m exhausted from a long hike!!
Crockpot Taco Soup
For this recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of ground meat (we use ground turkey but you could also use ground beef)
- Chicken or beef broth (1-2 cups)
- Black beans (1 can drained)
- Kidney beans (1 can rinsed and drained)
- Petite diced tomatoes (1 can)
- Rotel (1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies)
- Taco seasoning mix (1 packet)
- Ranch mix (1 packet)
- Onion salt (to taste)
- Fresh minced garlic (to taste)
- (Optional) 1 can of whole kernel corn
Optional extra spices to taste:
- Chili power
- Cayenne pepper
- Ground cumin
- First, start by browning your ground meat in a skillet. You want to cook it long enough to brown the meat and let all of the juices cook out.
- Next, transfer the ground meat to your crockpot and add all of the remaining ingredients. Be sure to drain the black beans and rinse and drain the kidney beans.
- Next, add seasonings to taste.
- Stir well.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
- Finally, garnish with your choice of Fritos, sour cream, shredded cheese or chopped green onions.
I hope you enjoy crockpot taco soup as much as we do!
This is also a great recipe to serve when you have guests. It can easily be doubled to serve even more.
For more fall recipes and fall DIY projects, click here.
Please check out our Instagram and give us a follow if you haven’t already, and subscribe to our email list to receive updates when we have a new post up!